Thursday, March 6, 2008

Scripture Memory Box

This is a picture of our Scripture Memory Box. I made it according to the instructions at Simply Charlotte Mason.


The dividers are: Daily, Even, Odd, Monday-Friday, 1-30. The verse in Daily is the verse we're actively learning. Once we've mastered a verse, I move it to Even or Odd, then as we add more verses mastered those get moved back to Monday-Friday and then back to 1-30. So that each day we review four verses: Daily, Odd or Even depending on the date, Monday-Friday depending on the day of the week, and 1-30 depending on the date. Since we've only got the dates filled in 1-9, I'll review "5" when we're on the 15th of the month, and so on. If you need further explanation, there are step-by-step instructions here.


Here are the verses we've memorized:
Psalms 139
Our School Motto*
Romans 10:9
2 Corinthians 9:7
Philippians 4:4-8
1 Timothy 6:6-8
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Hebrews 12:11
1 John 4:11-12
Ephesians 4:29
Micah 6:8
Matthew 22:37-40
Books of the New Testament
Proverbs 29:11
Galatians 6:10
2 Timothy 3:16-17
And we're just beginning Psalm 19:7-14


*Our School Motto is borrowed from Charlotte Masons' school:

I Am, I Can, I Ought, I Will


I Am a child of God; a gift to my parents and my country; a person of great value because God made me.

I Can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God made me able to do everything required of me.

I Ought to do my duty to obey God; to submit to those in authority over me; to be of service to others.

I Will resolve to keep a watch over my thoughts and choose what's right even if it's not what I want.

No comments: