Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stay-at-Home Moms Worth Nearly $117,000

It's about time someone put some figures to the worth of a stay-at-home Mom!

I personally think the figure is way too low because it does not include the amount of money saved by a Mom not working. By not working: I do not have to spend money on career attire; my income does not increase our tax burden; I do not have to eat my lunches out (or eat unhealthy, packaged foods); I can cook healthy meals from scratch, lowering our food costs and not being tempted to grab fast-food; I have no day-care expenses; I am not using fuel on a commute; and I have time to bargain shop, which "earns" our family a decent amount.

And, of course, there is no price tag that can be placed on being there for my boys with the love, time, and nurture only Mom can provide.

No comments: