Tuesday, June 24, 2008

God's Promises


My dear friend Vicki shared this collection of God's promises with me today. God's Word is alive and powerful. I hope these touch your heart as they did mine.

1Peter 5:7:
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.


Psalm 138:3:

3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength.


Isaiah 40:29-31:

29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.


Isaiah 43:2:

2 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

Romans 8:18:

18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.

Romans 8:24:
24 We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope[a] for it.

Romans 8:28:
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.


John 14:18:
18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you.

Psalm 147:3:


3 He heals the brokenhearted
and bandages their wounds.


Matthew 11:28:

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

1 Peter 2:20:
20 Of course, you get no credit for being patient if you are beaten for doing wrong. But if you suffer for doing good and endure it patiently, God is pleased with you.

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.

Psalm 50:15:

15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.”

Psalm 91:15:

15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.

Psalm 138:7:

7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
and the power of your right hand saves me.

Psalm 121 :

1 I look up to the mountains—
does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth!

3 He will not let you stumble;
the one who watches over you will not slumber.
4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never slumbers or sleeps.

5 The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
6 The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon at night.

7 The Lord keeps you from all harm
and watches over your life.
8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

John 14:27:

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Nahum 1:7:

7 The Lord is good,
a strong refuge when trouble comes.
He is close to those who trust in him.

Numbers 23:19:

19 God is not a man, so he does not lie.
He is not human, so he does not change his mind.
Has he ever spoken and failed to act?
Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

1 Kings 8:56:

56 “Praise the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel, just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises he gave through his servant Moses.

Psalm 9:10:

10 Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

Psalm 89:34:

34 No, I will not break my covenant;
I will not take back a single word I said.

Hebrews 6:12:

12 Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.


James 1:12:

12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

John 10:10:
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.


Psalm 29:11:

11 The Lord gives his people strength.
The Lord blesses them with peace.

Isaiah 26:3:

3 You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

John 14:27:

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Romans 5

1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.

Psalm 37:3:

3 Trust in the Lord and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.

Joel 2:26:

26 Once again you will have all the food you want,
and you will praise the Lord your God,
who does these miracles for you.
Never again will my people be disgraced.

No comments: