Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Political Rant

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson,1801

How far we've come from our nation's founding--and not for the better in my opinion. The government has again interfered with our freedom by passing a new law that homeschoolers under the age of 16 cannot work during public school hours. I have a friend whose 14 year old son is going to have to give up a job that he has enjoyed and benefited from. This makes NO SENSE! Why should the government tell me or my teen when they can work? It is, frankly, none of their business! Where will it end?

I have a dear friend who is a Democrat and believes that, being "Americans," we will never stand for having our rights taken away, so he has no fear of greater governmental control. I say, as politely as possible, Wake Up! We're losing our rights daily! The bigger the government gets, the smaller our rights as citizens get.

No comments: